Courses > Web application tests
A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation
Selenium, an open source suite of tools and libraries, is one of the most popular test automation frameworks used by testers and developers around the world to automate web browser testing. The latest release of the A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation focuses on Selenium 4 and uses Java and Python as reference languages. This A4Q certification connects relevant test automation theory with practical application for the effective use of Selenium in creating automated tests for web applications.
» The leading certification for Selenium
» Internationally recognized
» Exams are available worldwide
Please Note: The new release of the A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation is now available! Certification exams for the previous release will be available until 11 April 2024.
The A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation, as a leading certification for Selenium helps to bridge the gap between test automation theory and practical application offering:
- An Introduction to Test Automation; Test Automation Solutions Design, Page Pattern, Keyword Driven and Data Driven Automation Solutions
- Automation Web Technologies; Webpage Architecture, HTML, Rendering, Tree Structure, DOM, Locators, XPath (Operators, Axes, Relative and Absolute), and CSS
- Selenium Automation Tools; Selenium IDE, Selenium Grid and the Selenium WebDriver Ecosystem (Architecture, Browser Controllers, Headless Test Automation)
- Using Selenium WebDriver: Managing Selenium Libraries, WebDriver Initialization, Start, Test Assertions, Test Termination, Test Reporting, Using the Selenium GUI Interface, Selenium and Performance Testing, Parallelism of Tests. Machine Learning and Test Automation, Self-Healing Tests, Static and Dynamic Wait Mechanism, Test Scripts Acceptance Criteria, Choice of Selectors and Locators
- Implementation of Test Automation in an organization
- Adapting a Selenium Test Automation Suite (TAS)
Why Choose A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation?
This certification supports test professionals to gain a comprehensive understanding of how to design, implement and maintain automated test solutions using Selenium 4.
- You will have an understanding of Selenium automation tools
- You will have an understanding of the different Test Automation Solutions (TAS) that can be implemented using Selenium tools
- You will have an understanding of the underlying web technologies and how they are used on Selenium
You will understand how to adopt the best practices when on boarding Selenium automation projects
You will know how to maximize the return on investment for automation projects
You should be able to run Selenium WebDriver tests without supervision.
You should be able to apply test automation principles to build a maintainable test automation solution.
A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation: Exam Details
The examination for the A4Q Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation Level is based on the respective syllabus. The full examination areas are well defined in the Learning Objectives of the curricula. Consequently, the Learning Objectives provide the framework for the exams. The testing format is multiple choice.
Candidates eligible to participate in an Certified Selenium Tester exam either have attended an accredited course or they are participants of an open exam (no prior course attendance required). Candidates should have basic programming knowledge in Java with Maven or basic programming knowledge in Python.
The Alliance4Qualification (A4Q) is the official licensor for the Certified Selenium 4 Tester Foundation. If you are interested in becoming an accredited training provider, please contact us.
Minutes per exam
Extra time for non-native speakers.
Score is required to pass the exam.