Courses > eNGINEER
A4Q Software Development Engineer in Test
The growth of Agile, DevOps, and Continuous Testing has resulted in increasing demand for Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) skills. SDETs play a significant role in the software development life cycle (SDLC) and are involved in the design, development and testing phases; they have an amalgamation of software development and quality engineering knowledge.
The A4Q SDET Foundation Level certification will support anyone who needs to specifically develop, and attest, to proficiency in the effective selection and use of relevant testing approaches, methods and procedures during the development lifecycle.
» Use Black & White Box techniques
» Internationally recognized
» Execute tests & improve report results
NOTE: A4Q SDET adapts and optimizes the curriculum in the A4Q Testing Foundation for Developers (TF4D) certification developed to teach developers basic skills in testing.
The A4Q TF4D remains a valid for anyone who has already achieved certification and individuals may be grandfathered to A4Q SDET.
Please contact your exam provider for further information.
“We decided to rename the recently developed curriculum TF4D to SDET to present the content in a more tangible way.
The term SDET stands for Software Development Engineer in Test and is a common term in the industry and many job advertisements.
By renaming it, we want to clarify the contents of the curriculum on the one hand and hope to gain more visibility among the target group on the other hand.”
The A4Q Software Development Engineer in Test certification attests to an individual having demonstrated:
An SDET is typically a developer who is working in a hybrid role writing code with a focus on testability and the general test infrastructure. The goal of the A4Q SDET certification is to impart basic testing skills to SDETs. It is not intended to “retrain” developers as testers but to increase competence and confidence in effectively selecting and using relevant testing approaches, methods and techniques during the development lifecycle.
- Promote efficient and effective communication by using a common vocabulary for software testing.
- Understand fundamental concepts of software testing.
- Use established black-box and white-box techniques for designing tests.
- Implement and execute re tests according to given test designs and report results.
- Improve the quality characteristics of code and architecture by making use of different analysis techniques.
Exam Details A4Q Software Development Engineer in Test
The A4Q SDET curriculum will help participants to gain a basic understanding of testing in the software development lifecycle. All main test techniques are explained in the syllabus and static test, review processes and static analysis are given special attention. White Box & Black Box testing approaches
are also covered.
The Alliance4Qualification (A4Q) is the official licensor for the Software Development Engineer in Test. If you are interested in becoming an accredited training provider, please contact us.
Minutes per exam
Extra time for non-native speakers.
Score is required to pass the exam.
Accredited Training Providers for A4Q Software Development Engineer in Test
Click here to see all of the accredited Training Providers for the A4Q Software Development Engineer in Test:
Accredited Online Training Providers
Click here to see all of the accredited Online Training Providers:
Cooperation A4Q and the German Testing Board (GTB)
- The SDET certification was developed as a cooperation of A4Q and the German Testing Board e.V. The latter being responsible for the content.
- The GTB represents ISTQB® (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) in Germany
- ISTQB® is leading globally recognized certification scheme for testing
- A4Q SDET makes the content of the ISTQB® scheme even more accessible and relevant to developers in test.